Suicide Prevention Rock Party
Join us at our 1st Annual Suicide Prevention Rock Party event to be held on July 25 from 1:30-3:30 pm. at Brightbill Park at 126 Carolyn St Harrisburg, PA. Sign up for the event here.
In 2020, there were 15.4 deaths by suicide for every 100,000 people throughout Pennsylvania. The national average was 11 deaths.*
More than ever before people in our communities are looking for hope as we continue to recover from and face the fall out from the COVID-19 pandemic. Individuals and families are looking to be part of the solution and are searching for a way to make a difference!
Join us at our 1st Annual Suicide Prevention Rock Party event to be held on July 25 from 1:30-3:30 pm. at Brightbill Park in Lower Paxton Township.
This is a family friendly event to come together as a community to paint rocks of hope. These rocks will then be placed strategically throughout the community by our Community Awareness Committee in hopes of encouraging the person who finds it. On the back of this rock we will have a link to our site where they can seek help and support.
The idea is take a rock. Give a rock. Leave a rock. This helps us to create a #chainofhope.
Prayer by Pastor Kim Wadlington, Market Square Presbyterian
Opening Remarks by Gina Casner, Chronically Strong President
Welcome by George Hartwick, Dauphin County Commissioner
Live Music by Dave Gates Music
There are TWO WAYS to participate in this event:
1) In Person: We invite you to come together as a community to paint these rocks together. We encourage you to either bring your own supplies or come as you are and utilize our supplies on hand.
2) Drop Off: Want to participate but aren't able to make the event? Paint a couple of rocks at home and bring to our drop off location(s). (Message us for details). Make sure to leave the back of the rock unpainted AND do not seal rock with anything as we will place our contact info on the back and seal the rock on your behalf.
Want to make a donation to keep our #chainofhope going? Here are the FIVE ways that you can donate:
1) Venmo: @Chronicallystrong
2) Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Through Website: chronicallystrong23.com
4) Via Snail Mail with Check Payable to:
5021 Earl Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17112
5) At event, you can donate cash
What are some other ways you can help to make a difference and shine a light on mental illness?
1) Share our event
2) Invite your friends, family and neighbors
3) Share our posts about this event
4) Upload a picture of your rocks to our photo album called "Rock Party"
5) Volunteer on the day of the event
By participating in any of these ways YOU are part of helping us to erase the stigma of mental illness. Here at Chronically Strong we believe that individuals coping with mental illness have a greater opportunity to heal when their friends and family also have a community that supports them too. This community helps both the loved ones and the individual coping with mental illness to grow #strongereveryday.
For more information about how you can #getinvolved with Chronically Strong, email us at email@example.com.
We are glad you are here.